Associations & Memberships
Woods Funeral Services is a proud member of professional industry bodies including the National Association of Funeral Directors (NAFD). Our membership confirms our commitment to maintaining the highest standards of service.
Many of our staff are also members of associations including the British Institute of Funeral Directors (BIFD) and the British Institute of Embalmers (BIE).
We also have our own code of practice statement which is outlined below:
- Strictly to observe the confidence of every client at all times
- At all times to render good service and make fair charges in respect of services rendered and for merchandise supplied
- To ensure that advertising is always in good taste. No sensational, offensive or undignified advertising is permitted
- To provide clients with full and fair information about services. We will have readily available leaflets covering the basic simple funeral and all types of coffins, caskets and services provided
- To give a written estimate of all funeral charges and disbursements to be made on behalf of a client's behalf in each and every case at the time of making the instructions or, failing this, as soon as is practical before the day of the funeral
- To provide all clients with an itemised account
- Never to conduct ourselves at any time in a manner likely to prejudice our professional status. The soliciting of funeral orders or offering or giving any reward for recommendation is not permitted.